Die G3-11000m kann mit einem externen Filterrad kombiniert werden (7 Positionen 2" Filter), oder verfügt in der Version G3-11000FW über ein internes 5 Positionen Filterrad - wir beraten Sie gerne
Universal cooled G3 CCD cameras
G3 cameras can be equipped with CCD detectors up to 24 × 36 mm. Precisely regulated and efficient cooling of the CCD more than 50C below ambient temperature allows quality image calibration. There are mechanical shutter and filter wheel with 5 positions for 2 inch filters inside the camera head, so these cameras can be used in unattended, robotic setups.
CCD chips Kodak KAF with linear response to light are suitable for scientific applications. Large area of these detectors fits long focal length of big telescopes. Large pixels ensure high image dynamic range.
Astrophotographers appreciate Kodak KAI detectors with ABG (anti-blooming gate) and electronic shutters. Anti-blooming ensures round images of bright stars, which cannot be avoided especially on wide-field images. Electronic shutter then allows short exposure times, necessary e.g. for capturing of fast moving objects.
Model CCD ABG Color mask Resolution Pixel size Chip area
G3-01000 KAF1001E no none 1024 × 1024 24 × 24micron 24.6 × 24.6 mm
G3-06300 KAF6303E no none 3072 × 2048 9 × 9micron 27.7 × 18.4 mm
G3-11000 KAI11002 yes none 4032 × 2688 9 × 9micron 36.3 × 24.2 mm
G3-11000C KAI11002 yes RGBG (Bayer) 4032 × 2688 9 × 9micron 36.3 × 24.2 mm
Camera handling and image processing software SIPS
SIPS (Simple Image Processing System) is a powerful software package for camera control and image processing.
- Complete control of both imaging and guiding cameras, filter wheel handling and sequential exposures.
- Image native format is FITS, export to PNG, JPG, TIFF, GIF formats, recording of AVI sequences.
- Advanced automatic guiding with sub-pixel precision.
- Simple as well as complex image calibration, handling of whole sets of images at once.
- Automatic registration and stacking of images.
- Image basic operations (adding, median, ...), advanced multi-pass debayer processing of images taken by color CCD detectors.
- Astrometric image reduction.
- Telescope mount control.
- Data read from GPS receivers, synchronization of location and observing time.
- and many more functions.
SIPS software package is available for download for free from www.gxccd.com.
Also available are Gx camera drivers for MaxIm DL and AstroArt software packages as well as ASCOM universal drivers.